As we grow old, we will have to encounter so many changes in the texture and pigmentation of skin. The sunspots on skin which are also referred as liver spots are also produced due to exposure to sunlight. In this article we will study the causes of sunspots on skin along with the ways to get rid of them. Sometimes the sun exposure results in white sunspots on skin, how to get rid of white sunspots? We will study the remedies in this article.
- 1 What are the causes of Sunspots on skin?
- 2 Which Parts of skin are More Prone to Sunspots?
- 3 Sunspots on Face and Freckles:
- 4 How to Get Rid of Sunspots on Face:
- 5 How to Remove Sunspots from Skin and Face?
What are the causes of Sunspots on skin?
Sunspots on skin are dark colored spots which appear to be darker as compared to the natural tone of your skin. Sunlight contains harmful ultraviolet radiations which are hazardous for our skin especially facial skin. When the exposure to sunlight is regular, the appearance of such sunspots on skin becomes more prominent.
Which Parts of skin are More Prone to Sunspots?
All parts of the body are equally prone for the sunspots appearance, but since rest of the body parts remain covered by clothing, facial skin comes directly under sun and is damaged more. For bald people, these sunspots can even appear on scalp. Sunspots on the face are more likely to happen as facial skin is more delicate as well.
Recommended Reading :
Sunspots on Skin and Liver Spots:
Sunspots in the beginning were considered to be related to poor health condition of a person and were considered as a marker of liver disorders hence these were also named as liver spots. Later on it was proven that there is no connection between liver health and these spots.
Sunspots on Face and Freckles:
Sunspots vs. freckles. Sunspots on face are likewise different from the freckles as freckles are much smaller in size while the sunspots are generally bigger. Freckles are generally inherited and can appear at a particular age while sunspots on face or rest of the skin are caused by the exposure to sunlight and any age group is likely to suffer from them. How to get rid of sunspots on face dermatologist are generally too costly and are not easily accessible to all the people, hence some simple recipes can be used instead for the better outcomes.
How to Get Rid of Sunspots on Face:
As we know the cause of sunspots on face and skin, we will now look for the ways or getting rid of these sunspots. Here are some of the ways which are easier to follow and will give best results as well:
- The ultraviolet radiation from the sun is the main cause of sunspots. How to get rid of sunspots? The answer is rather simpler, avoid exposure to sunlight. Or if possible do not go under sun from 10 am to 2 pm as this is the peak time of UV rays emission.
- Keep your skin covered. You can use hats if bald; cover your face and rest of the body with cloth so that sunlight cannot strike directly on the skin. Use of sunglasses is also recommended as the area across eyes remains protected. How to get rid of sunspots? The answer is simple; do not let sunlight strike your body directly.
- Sun screen or sun protection formulas are compulsory if at all you have to expose yourself directly to sun. Apply sunscreen on the skin 15 minutes prior to the sun exposure. Depending on the climatic conditions where you are living, the SPF 30 or more is recommended for better protection.
- Smoking in a long run can cause premature skin aging. When the aging is triggered it can also accelerate the appearance of sunspots. If you are looking for how to get rid of sunspots fast? Do take some preventive measures first.
How to Remove Sunspots from Skin and Face?
Here are some of the ways to get rid of sunspots. All you need is to follow them with patience until the desired results.
Aloe Vera gel
Aloe Vera gel has been in use since long for the treatment of sunburns. The gel when applied on the skin can help in the elimination of sunspots as well. Rub the freshly squeezed Aloe Vera gel on the skin and let it stay for 20 to 30 minutes and wash it off. You will see a nice skin glow afterwards. It is also best for red sunspots on skin, Learn more about Aloe Vera Gel after Sun
Watermelons contain a substance known as lycopene which is known to be the best remedy against ultraviolet radiations. You can rub the peel on the sunspots and wash the skin after 30 minutes. Repeat the procedure thrice a week and you will see the reduction in sunspots on face in 6-8 weeks.
Buttermilk also lightens the skin and works efficiently on the sunspots. You can rub it on the skin which is damaged and wait for 30 minutes before washing it.
Apple cider vinegar :
is best if you are looking for, how to remove sun spots? The acid contains natural ingredients which can lessen the sunspots considerably. If you have a dry skin, mix few drops of almond or olive oil to keep the skin soft and hydrated. It is a best product for sunspots on face. Not only sunspots skin fungus can also be eliminated with the help of this simple and miraculous material.
Fresh garlic :
can also be applied on the sun damaged parts of the skin and will ultimately lighten the sunspots on face.
Lemon juice :
is highly helpful in this regard. Apply the lemon on the skin which is damaged due to sun exposure. Make it sure that once you have applied lemon on the skin you don’t have to step in sunlight. How to remove sunspots fast? Mix lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and then apply the mixture on the damaged parts of the skin and you will get much faster results.
- Some other easily accessible materials like oatmeal, cucumber, honey can be used efficiently if you are searching for, how to remove sun spots from the skin?
The article is about the sunspots on the skin which are caused when the skin is exposed directly to sunlight. The sunspots on the skin can appear regardless of age on any kind of skin. Since these spots are curable, some simple kitchen recipes are shared here to get rid of this concern. No matter which recipe you are following, have some patience as the scars need time to fade away.