Jock itch is a fungal infection also known as Tinea cruis, it is a skin infection. The group of fungi causing skin infection is known as tinea. A mold like fungus is the causative organism for such infections, the fungus lives on skin, hair and nails. The fungus prefers hot and humid conditions for survival and hence it is found growing in the parts of skin with high humidity such as inner thighs and groin etc. In this article we will learn the causes of jock itch in women and female jock itch home remedies. You can also see the female jock itch pictures for self diagnosis before using female jock itch home remedies.
What is jock itch?
Dermatophytes are group of fungi which live on skin resulting in infections. In simple words we can say that dermatophytes are skin parasites which are seen growing on keratin containing structures such as hair, skin, nails etc. The fungus needs high temperature and moisture for growth. Since both these conditions are found near genitals hence the fungus prefers to grow near these parts such as thighs, buttocks, groin etc. The disease is more common in men as compared to women. According to some physicians, such dermatophytes are grouped under ring worms. It yeast infection the same as jock itch? The symptoms of both infections are similar however, they are different.
Jock itch Causes:
There are several factors which result in jock itch in men and women. These factors are mentioned below:
- How do you get jock itch? Remaining in the clothes soaked in sweat for a long time.
- Unhygienic conditions and tight fitting cloths
- Can a girl get jock itch? Jock itch is highly contagious; you can get it from an infected person. Hence avoid sharing clothes and towels of an infected person
- Obesity is also one of the causes of jock itch, as the sweat sealed in the skin folds promotes the growth of fungus.
- Females wear tight garments and undergarments are more prone to such infections as sweat remains in contact with the skin favoring the growth of fungi.
- Can women get jock itch from husband? Physical intimacy with an infected person can spread the infection quickly.
- The infection is more common in the parts of world with more temperatures and humidity. Such skin infections are more common in summer.
Symptoms of jock itch:
Here are some common diagnostic symptoms of jock itch:
- Painful rash or bumps which result in intense itching
- Appearance of rash on the skin folds, inside of thighs, groin and buttocks.
- The rash ultimately grows in size and turn scaly with a distinct blister like look
- Rashes in the center are red to brown in color. The jock itch treatment therefore includes clearing up these rashes and getting rid of itch.
Home Remedies for Jock itch in Women:
Jock itch is a fungal skin infection which can be treated. The key to treatment of such skin infections is hygiene, keeping the body dry and wearing light and loose clothing to facilitate air flow can significantly reduce the risk of jock itch in women. Some easy home remedies are also there which are proven significant. Here are some easy home remedies for jock itch in girls or jock itch in women.
Garlic can be used to cure Tinea Cruis or jock itch in women. Since garlic as remarkable antimicrobial properties, it can provide immediate relief. However, for the people with increased skin sensitivity should avoid using garlic as they can experience burning sensation. Apply the paste of garlic on the affected part of skin and let it stay for few minutes, generally 20 minutes are enough. This is one of the most recommended female jock itch remedies.
Mixture of olive oil and garlic paste:
This is also an amazing remedy for the jock itch in women treatment, tinea cruis female treatment with this remedy has been highly significant in providing fast relief. Take a little olive oil and fry few cloves of garlic in it, let the oil cool down and then apply it on the affected part of the skin. Repeat the procedure every day until you completely get rid of this infection and rash.
A bath of salt and vinegar:
Vinegar has antibacterial and antifungal properties, salt speeds up the process of healing. In this way the mixture can ideally be used for the treatment of jock itch in women and men. Add 200 grams of salt and half cup vinegar in a bath tub. Sit in the tub allowing your body to get soaked for half an hour. You can repeat this procedure every day especially before going to bed until desired results are obtained.
Onion too has antimicrobial properties which make it ideal for the treatment of several skin infections and jock itch in women is one of them. You can apply onion paste or onion juice on the affected part of the skin; you will notice immediate soothing effect.
Tinea cruis in women can also be treated at home with the help of Listerine. Apply Listerine on the affected part of skin with the help of cotton ball. Let it stay on the skin for few minutes until it completely dries. Wash your body afterwards. Depending on the infection, you can use it several times a day to get relief. The remedy is however not recommended for those who have wounded skin. In the same way, it is also not recommended for female groin rash.
If female jock itch won’t go away, there are certain fungicidal ointments or jock itch creams which can be applied on the affected part of the skin topically and get rid of jock itch. These are in the form of creams or lotions. Female jock itch antifungal creams are also available which destroy the parasitic skin fungus providing faster relief.
Preventive measures to be adopted:
There are several ways of preventing such skin infections such as:
- The use of mild soap with balanced pH to keep the skin safe from microbial growth.
- Keeping the skin dry as much as possible
- Taking shower after exercise and changing the sweaty clothes soon after exercising.
- Avoid sharing towels and cloths with the infected person
- Avoid spicy and sugary food especially at night.
- Use cotton undergarments and loose cloths so that air can come in contact with the skin. Can jock itch clear up on its own? Yes, provided all the above safety and hygiene measures are strictly followed.
Jock itch is a skin infection which is caused by fungus. Certain conditions promote the favor of infectious fungi on skin such as high temperature and humidity. It is therefore important to keep your body dry as much as possible to rule out the risk of such infections. In case of infections, there are certain home remedies which are simple and effective.
Read This article : Natural Remedies for Tickle in Throat