One of the forms of skin acne is whitehead which results from the accumulation of dead cells from the skin along with sebum and dirt particles in the pores of skin. In some cases the clogged pores get infected by bacteria or fungi and result in the acne breakouts. How to get rid of whiteheads on face? The article features the causes and treatment of whiteheads on the skin.
What are Whiteheads on Face ?
As we discussed above, when the skin pores get blocked with sebum, dirt particles, dead cells, it results in the formation of whiteheads on face. Whiteheads on face are considered as acne and can be prevented by taking good care of skin. How to get rid of whiteheads on face? Skin cleansing and exfoliating are recommended to keep the pores protected from clogging.
Recommended Reading : How to remove blackheads from nose
Causes of Whiteheads on Face:
In this article we are discussing, how to rid of hard whiteheads on face. Before discussing the treatment options, the whitehead causes are important to consider. It is important to take preventive measures so that skin remains free from whiteheads. The main cause of whiteheads is clogged pores. There are several reasons which result in clogging of the pores.
Hormonal changes can result in clogged pores and act as a trigger for acne breakouts. There are sometimes when the sebaceous glands produce oily secretion which is known as sebum, the excessive oil clog the pores and results in whiteheads on face. Since nose is the most affected part hence whiteheads on nose are more common. The factors which result in increased sebum production are puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, menopause etc. It is important to consider that all these factors result in hormonal changes. Certain contraceptive methods like birth control pills also alter the normal hormonal balance and can result in more acne and whiteheads.
Genes also play an important role in acne development and whiteheads appearance. Some people suffer from acne and whiteheads more and throughout their life, this is due to the family history of acne. There is strong evidence that acne and whiteheads are inherited factors.
Whiteheads vs. Blackheads:
Both whiteheads and blackheads are caused due to improper skin care and clogged pores. In case of whiteheads the skin pores are clogged and they remain closed while in case of blackheads the pores remain open and hence the dirt particles get trapped along with sebum and due to excessive dirt the blackheads get characteristic black coloration. You need to take good care of skin and proper skin cleansing and exfoliation to keep the skin free from both whiteheads and blackheads.
Treatment of Whiteheads on Face:
Treatment of whiteheads includes removing whiteheads from the skin. How to get rid of whiteheads on face? There are several ways of whiteheads treatment.
- Whiteheads on the skin are considered as mild acne and there are some face washes as well as ointments which dermatologists generally prescribe for the whiteheads treatment. Generally the prescription medication or washes contain benzoyl peroxide, a chemical which is known to lower the sebum production. There are certain face washes or ointments which contain salicylic acid to treat acne and whiteheads. For whitehead removal, dermatologists are best options.
- Whiteheads cannot be cured overnight; you need to take good care of your skin using a particular ointment or face wash for as long as eight weeks. If the problem persists, consult a dermatologist.
- Dermatologists examine the skin condition and recommend some topical medication to get rid of whiteheads.
- Retenoids are recommended which have ability to open the clogged pores along with the removal of dead cells from the skin. Such whitehead removal products work efficiently and help in easy removal of whiteheads.
- If there is skin inflammation, the doctors also prescribe antibiotics to kill bacteria from the skin.
- Whiteheads extraction is also recommended in some cases which involve chemical peels.
- In acute conditions, the steroid injections are given.
- You can also take some preventive measures to rule out the risk of whiteheads formation on the skin. The preventive measures include; using a nice brand of cosmetics, oil free lotions or moisturizers, regular exfoliation of the skin so that dead cells of the skin are removed, removing makeup and cleaning the skin before going to bed, the use of mild cleanser or face wash etc.
- Have you ever experienced whiteheads on chin? What causes whiteheads on chin? The whiteheads on chin are caused due to overactive sebaceous glands in this part of the face. A use of efficient oil free moisturizer can be a good precautionary measure to keep the skin safe from whiteheads.
- How to remove whiteheads from chin? Or how to get rid of whiteheads on nose? You need a deep cleanser for cleaning your skin at least once a week. Use a good moisturizer for this purpose. Steaming the skin also helps to loosen the dead cells of skin. Steam results in the opening of pores and this allows an ideal opportunity to cleanse the pores. Generally the makeup traces, dirt, sebum are trapped in the skin pores and when skin is exposed to steam the pores get wide open and cleaning or exfoliating at this time is ideal to purify the pores.
- How to get rid of whiteheads under the skin? Comedone remover or whitehead removal tool helps in the instant removal of whiteheads or blackheads from the skin. The beauticians normally use this tool, after steaming when the tool is pressed against the skin containing whiteheads or either blackheads, these softened whiteheads can easily be removed by applying a little force. How to get rid of hard whiteheads on face? The use of comedone results in immediate removal of whiteheads along with soft and blemish free skin within no time.
Whiteheads are mild type of acne which is caused due to improper skin care. Whiteheads are generally caused when the pores get clogged with oil (sebum), dirt, traces of makeup etc along with bacteria. Keeping good care of skin is recommended. The skin care methods include skin cleansing, exfoliating, steaming etc. Make use of oil free moisturizer. If the problem persists, you need to consult dermatologist for proper medication.
Read this Post :