If you have cramps but no period, or if you experience cramps after a period, it is important to see the doctor immediately. Cramping is one of the most common symptoms of the menses. It is a condition when women know they will have their periods. But sometimes the cramping but no periods can be a dangerous thing. It can be a sign of some other problem. You must take help from an expert physician. Cramping in these two conditions is not a good sign at all. Of course, there are a few situations in which the menstrual cramps are not harmful, but you can never tell the difference. Here are a few reasons for cramping after period and cramping but no period.
Reason For Cramping But No Period
There are many factors which can cause cramps but no period. The first reason is ovulation. During the menstrual cycle, cramping can occur even if you do not have periods. These cramps occur on one side of the lower abdominal area. These cramps last for a couple of hours and can last as long as a few days. So, if you are an expecting mother, then no need to worry about cramping without periods.
- The next reason for cramping without a period is menopause. It is a condition during which the women may not have periods even for several months. So, if you have cramps during these months, do not worry. It is just a sign that your body is not producing the reproductive hormones in the correct amount.
- The third reason for cramping without a period is pregnancy. Pregnancy is a time when you will not have periods for the next nine months. But you will experience the sudden bursts of pain which may last for several days.
- The fourth reason for cramping without the period is the ovarian cyst. It is not a big problem, and the cyst will disappear after a few days. It is also one of the standard conditions the women experience during pregnancy.
- There are several medical conditions that women do not know. It is a must for you to learn about the menstrual cycle and everything related to it. Another reason that you may not have periods but still feel cramps is Cervical Stenos. It is a condition related to the cervix. When a woman has Cervical Stenos, the cervix’s opening becomes narrow. It causes irregular periods or no periods at all for several months. The women experience cramps but no periods.
Recommended Reading :
Here are a Few More Causes of Cramping Without Periods.
- Eating disorder: Yes, the eating disorders such as anorexia & bulimia can cause irregular periods.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: If you have severe cramps but no period, it means you are experiencing Ectopic pregnancy. You will also experience vomit, excessive bleeding, tender breasts, etc.
- Medication: Many women experience the cramps as a result of the drugs they take during pregnancy.
- Disease: There are several conditions which can cause cramping without periods.
- Constipation: Another common cause of cramps without periods is constipation. Your period may not be due, but you will feel pains.
You should understand that cramping is not same for every woman. Some women experience cramps regularly even after periods, and some women do not experience cramps at all. It is always better to see the doctor for better advice.
Reason For Cramps After Menstrual Cycle
Do you have pain even after the periods? Do you experience cramping after a period? Many women experience this condition. There are several reasons for the cramps after a period. Some of the causes for cramps after the period are severe, and you must take immediate action.
- The first reason is the imbalance of reproductive hormones in the body. The change in hormones can cause many problems in the entire body. Imbalance of hormones can also cause cramps after the menstrual cycle is over. It is important to see the doctor when this happens. The hormonal imbalance also causes irregular periods. You might have a 25-day-cycle for the period, but after pregnancy, the cycle might increase, or you may feel cramps.
- The second reason is a uterine cyst. If you have a cyst inside the uterus, it will cause a severe pain even after the periods. Getting treatment for the cyst is important.
- Several diseases can also cause cramps after a period. Many women who have thyroid disease experience such pains. The problem will go away once you get the disease treated. The cramping after the period because of a disease is severe.
- Another cause of cramping even after the period is implantation.
The cramps after a period are much dangerous than the having cramps and no periods at all.
Prescriptions For Severe Menstrual Cramps
Here are a few ways in which you can ease the pains. No matter these cramps occur after the menstrual cycle or if you do not have a period at all.
- If you experience the pains after a period, the doctor will prescribe you NSAID or aspirin to ease the pain. He will prescribe you this med if you do not have a disease or a cyst. Many doctors also prescribe anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Many doctors also recommend the contraceptives. These medicines have the ability to lessen the pain.
- Another option is surgery.
There are many natural solutions to get rid of these cramps. If you have a mild cramp or a low-level pain, then you can get rid of it with exercise. You can take help from a medical instructor if you do not know how to work out for easing the cramps. You can also use heat to reduce the effects of the cramps. Take a warm bath and it will help you get rid of the cramps. Many studies also reveal that acupuncture is also a healthy remedy for menstrual cramps. You can also get a massage. The massage with warm oil can reduce the pain. These are not permanent solutions for cramps, for that you need a gynecologist.
Related These Articles: