In this article we will study the ways to get rid of hickeys fast. Hickeys are generally caused by aggressive kissing or biting and hence it generally is embarrassing and people are keen to find out the ways to get rid of it as fast as they can.
A hickey or a hickie is a bite mark in a form of bruise which is seen on the skin after either a bite, kiss or sucking a softer part of skin hardly. The hickey is seen normally around the arm or neck.
What causes hickey?
Inside our body, there is a dense network of blood vessels which include arteries, veins and capillaries, capillaries are tiniest blood vessels. How to get a hickey? Sometimes due to hard bite (or either after sucking) the underlying blood vessels get rupture. As a result of it the blood flows to the nearby tissue and this internal bleeding result in the bleeding mark which is known as hickey. Initially when the blood seeps to the tissues, it produces reddish stain on the skin which later on turns purple or brownish. How to get rid of a hickey is always a concern as people feel embarrassment once they get it.
The common places of hickey appearance on the body:
The softer parts of the skin are more prone to hickeys, these include neck and arms. As these parts are more visible as well hence people are generally worried about How to get rid of a a hickey.
How long it takes for a hickey to go away?
Hickey generally fades away with time and no scar is left behind for a long. If you don’t even treat the hickeys, these marks will disappear in a week or so. But there are few conditions where hickeys stay for more time. This is due to the two main factors:
- Harshness of a bite is a key, if more blood seeps as a result of harsh bite, it will take more time to heal and hickey to fade away.
- Physical health is also a factor which determines how long it takes for a hickey to disappear. The healthy bodies generally heal faster and hence hickeys fade away quickly too.
How to get rid of a hickey?
Hickeys bring embarrassment to the people and hence everyone suffering from it will try to figure out fastest way to get rid of a hickey. Here are some efficient ways if you are searching for How to remove hickey in seconds?
- Back side of a cold spoon is considered best. Keep a metallic spoon in refrigerator for as long as 15-20 minutes. Rub it against the hickey by light stroking way. For the newly formed hickeys, this is a best technique as it will lessen the internal bleeding. You can also use ice cube as well.it is considered to be a fastest way to get rid of a hickey
- Aloe Vera gel is an anti inflammatory substance and has some miracle healing potential. It helps to reduce skin’s sensitivity and is a natural moisturizer. Applying aloe Vera gel twice a day will result in speedy recovery. You can also apply aloe Vera gel as a mask for at least 20 to 30 minutes and then wash it off.
- Banana peels can be used as they are too soothing for the skin. Collect a banana peel from a ripe banana, apply it on the damaged part of the skin for 20-30 minutes and wash it off. You can repeat this process twice or thrice a day for a hickey removal fast.
- A warm compress across the hickey is also effective way to get over it soon. As it will cause more blood to circulate across the damaged part which results in faster healing. You can use a cloth soaked in warm water and compress it against the hickey for few minutes. Repeat the process once the cloth cools down. This is a fastest way to get rid of a hickey .
- Massaging can also be effective. Make use of essential oil and gently massage the oil in circular movements at the damaged part. Start with clockwise circular movements and then anticlockwise ensuring the hickey is being rubbed firmly.
- Does tooth paste get rid of hickeys? Use of tooth brush is also considered effective. A new toothbrush is generally recommended for this process. All you need to do is simple brushing of it against the hickey. Don’t press the brush too hard as it might cause more sensitivity. You can repeat the procedure two to three times a day. Make it sure that tooth brush you use has soft fibers. It is seen that this method works most efficiently as more blood flow is stimulated across the damaged part. The flow of fresh blood is likely to aid in hickey removal.
- Alcohol has some soothing properties; it also acts as a natural disinfectant. Applying alcohol on the hickey and rubbing it slightly can result in a speedy recovery. You can make use of cotton balls soaked in alcohol for rubbing it against the hickey. Massage it gently and apply a rich moisturizer as alcohol tends to dry the skin. You can repeat the procedure if necessary and there will be considerable hickey removal.
- Peppermint is a stimulant and enhances the circulation of blood. It also helps in the faster healing of the damaged blood capillaries. Take peppermint oil and rub it against hickey, you might initially feel a bit tingling which will go away on its own after sometime. If you don’t have oil, you can use peppermint tooth paste as it will be a best alternative of oil. Rub it slightly against hickey and leave it for some minutes. How to get rid of love bites overnight? Peppermint is a best choice.
- A diet rich in vitamin K is highly recommended. It helps to prevent blood clotting and speeds up the healing of hickey. You can also apply a lotion containing vitamin k on the damaged part for twice or thrice a day and you will notice considerable fading and hickey removal.
- Arnica Salve is a healing supportive ointment which is used to reduce itching and soreness. It also helps in the repair of damaged blood vessels. How to hide the Hickeys? Make use of Arnica salve ointment.
Hickeys are produced as a result of an aggressive kissing or biting as the blood vessels underlying the skin get ruptured and blood seeps out of them into the surrounding tissues. The scar however can be reduced by some ways as it might be highly embarrassing. Some of the best and fast ways to reduce hickeys include the cold and hot compresses, use of aloe Vera gels or banana peels, some medicate ointments, slight massage with essential oils etc.
Read all about Skin Care