The stress to the stomach results in burning sensation in stomach and can result in pain and other serious health concerns. There are a lot of possible causes of burning sensation in stomach. The use of contaminated water, antibiotics abuse, infections, over eating, too much intake of fast food all are some of the factors which result in burning sensation in stomach. In this article we will learn about causes, signs and symptoms along with Burning sensation in stomach home remedies.
- 1 Burning Sensation in Stomach Causes:
- 2 10 Easy and Effective Home Remedies for Burning Sensation in Stomach:
- 3 Simple diet:
- 4 How to Prevent Burning Sensation in Stomach?
- 5 When to Consult Doctor?
- 6 Bottom Line:
Burning Sensation in Stomach Causes:
There are so many causes of burning sensation in stomach. The main causes of burning sensation in stomach are:
- Gastritis which is inflammation of stomach and its lining. Bloating, hiccups, loss, indigestion, nausea and loss of appetite are the symptoms of gastritis along with acute burning sensation in stomach.
- GERD of gastro-intestinal reflux disease is characterized by the inability of sphincter muscle to open or close. As a result the juices of stomach travel up to the esophagus and result in burning sensation in stomach. Acid reflux burning sensation is one of the key causes of stomach problems.
- Intolerance to certain drugs and food allergies can result in nausea, vomiting and burning sensation in stomach.
- Over use of some drugs can damage the stomach linings and result in the increased burning sensation and pain in stomach and heart burn.
- Stress is another important cause of this condition. The digestive activity is reduced as a result of stress and the stomach acid in the increased quantities result in slight burning sensation in stomach.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is characterized by abnormal functioning of nerves which control the functioning of intestine. It can also cause burning sensation in lower stomach.
- Stomach ulcers or sores can also cause stomach pains and burning sensations in stomach after eating.
- Helicobacter pylori, an infection which results in gastric ulcers and can result in increased burning sensation in stomach and chest.
- Hyperacidity is caused when stomach produces too much gastric juice and HCl concentration is quite high in it. Acidity and burning sensation in stomach can be avoided by taking frequent meals.
- Alcohol abuse, hiatal hernia, psoriasis can also cause the pain in stomach.
10 Easy and Effective Home Remedies for Burning Sensation in Stomach:
Keep an eye on the symptoms of burning sensation in stomach before you talk to your health care provider. Once the exact cause of burning sensation in stomach is diagnosed, there are several homemade remedies which can provide relief from this discomfort. Some easy Stomach burning remedies are mentioned below:
Herbal Tea (or thyme tea):
Some herbal teas particularly thyme tea has remarkable ability to reduce bloating and stomach pains. The use of thyme tea also reduces the mucosal lining’s inflammation and swelling and hence it can be used to get rid of stomach burns and other burning sensation in stomach and chest.
Increased burning sensation in stomach means that your stomach is under stress and is producing more digestive juices as a response. Switch on to a simple diet such as rice, yoghurt, bananas, biscuits etc.
Butter milk or yoghurt:
Yoghurt can provide instant relief from the stomach pains. Hence whenever you suffer from stomach concerns, start taking yoghurt in your diet.
Honey has remarkable healing characteristics. It can be used in diet plan to get rid of minor stomach ulcers and other problems related to stomach such as stomach burning and diarrhea. You can use it for burning sensation in stomach during pregnancy as well.
Some fruits like bananas and watermelon produce soothing effect and can considerably reduce stomach burning, bloating, gas and nausea. Fruits can be helpful for burning sensation in stomach during early pregnancy.
It has anti-inflammatory properties hence it can be used to cure inflammation of stomach. It produces soothing effect and relieves the burning in stomach and chest when taken it produces immediate cooling sensation, read more for Coconut water
Apple cider vinegar for burning sensation in stomach:
It is one of the best stomach burning home remedies. Apple cider vinegar is rich in antioxidants and helps in fighting against the free radicals. You can add apple cider vinegar in salads or simply dilute it before taking in.
Aloe Vera juice:
Aloe Vera has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties; it provides immediate relief against the burning sensation by producing cooling sensation. Read more Aloe Vera Drink
Baking soda helps to neutralize the effects of stomach acidity and can be used along with apple cider vinegar for immediate cooling sensation in the stomach. If you encounter hyperacidity issues, the remedy is highly significant.
The use of Broccoli can reduce the risk of stomach ulcers and cancer; it is one of the proven effective stomach burning remedy.
How to Prevent Burning Sensation in Stomach?
There are certain precautionary measures which can help you to stay healthy and avoid stomach concerns.
- Avoid over eating and do not take much spicy food
- Do not suppress the belching; burping is a natural way to alleviate the stomach burns.
- Add more NSP (non starch polysaccharide) in your diet.
- Avoid smoking, drug abuse and over use of medicines.
- Eat frequent; do not let your stomach to stay empty for a long.
- Exercise and walk daily for 20-30 minutes
- Add vegetables, fruits, yoghurt in your diet to stay healthy
- Do not drink milk on empty stomach as it can cause irritation.
When to Consult Doctor?
For burning sensation of stomach home remedies are idea. When you feel increased burning sensation in stomach even after switching to a simple diet and trying the homemade remedies and you feel no considerable decline in the symptoms, you need to consult your doctor. Your doctor will prescribe stomach burning medicines along with medication to neutralize the effect of gastric acids. In this way by the combination of homemade remedies and medical treatment, you can get faster relief from stomach concerns.
Burning sensation in stomach and burning sensation in lower abdomen is caused due to several factors like inflammation, infection, drug abuse, overuse of antibiotics, contaminated water or food etc. The stomach related problems can be treated at home by intake of simple diet consisting mainly of fruits and vegetables. Some natural products like honey, Aloe Vera, yoghurt, apple cider vinegar are extremely helpful to get rid of stomach disorders.
Read This Article : 7 Home Remedies for Jock Itch in Women