Rash under breast is caused by many factors. The rash under breast is mainly caused in summer due to microbial growth. On the other hand some other factors also result in rash under breast and they are cancer, allergies, and autoimmune disorders. In this article we will study the causes of rash under breast and home remedies for the treatment of particularly heat rash under breast.
- 1 What is Meant by Rash Under Breast?
- 2 What is Heat Rash Under Breast?
- 3 What are the Causes of Rash Under Breast?
- 4 10 Home Remedies for Rash Under Breast.
- 5 Bottom Line:
What is Meant by Rash Under Breast?
Small reddish skin bumps normally under the breast are seen in summer. These are known as heat rash under breast. Some other factors also result in such rashes such as autoimmune diseases, cancer and certain allergies. It is important to consult your doctor if the rashes are itchy and causing pain. Breast rash pictures are also added in the article to make you clear what the rash under breast actually look like.
What is Heat Rash Under Breast?
Rash under breast is a common female concern. It is another form of dermatitis and results in inflammation in the skin folds. Rash under breast caused by heat are due to excessive sweating and increased bacterial or fungal growth. Also wear wrong fitting under garments result in such rashes. Females who are obese are generally more prone to such rashes, in the same way poor hygienic conditions can also result in rash formation. If you are not sure whether these are heat rash or some other types of rash, you can take a look at breast rash pictures.
What are the Causes of Rash Under Breast?
Rash under breasts are caused by four main factors; these are caused by infections, allergies, autoimmune disorders and cancer.
- Rash due to infection is caused mainly due to heat which results in growth of bacteria, fungi, yeast etc. There are certain factors like high temperature and humidity which favor the growth of microbes on the skin. Under normal circumstances, under breast area where skin folds rub against each other, temperature gets high due to friction of skin rubbing and excessive sweat is produced as well, microbes such as bacteria, fungi prefer to grow in these conditions and thus result in the appearance of rash and fungal infection under breast. Candidiasis under breast are mainly due to fungal growth. Rash under breast, diabetes also results in such rashes and if you are diabetic and suffering from such rashes, you need to talk to your doctor.
Antibiotics are prescribed for the treatment of such infections. Warm or cold compresses are also helpful. You need to wear loose fitting clothes and drink plenty of fluids to keep your body cool.
- Rash due to allergies is caused by certain allergens which might be in some food, medicines, bites of insect and pollen etc. Contact with some plants also result in such rashes.
- Rash due to autoimmune disorders are due to chronic health conditions which cannot be cured. Eczema, inverse psoriasis, hyperhidrosis, Haily Haily disease etc are some of the skin conditions caused by autoimmune disorders. If you have rash under breast, diabetes is also one of the cause.
- Rash under breast due to cancer is also common. The rash under breast cancer is an inflammatory cancer of breast which spreads itself quickly and result in pinkish skin coloration and pitted skin. The rash is generally pimple like in appearance and the nipples move inwards instead of their normal outward direction. Once diagnosed, surgery followed by either radiation or chemotherapy is needed.
10 Home Remedies for Rash Under Breast.
There are some easy home remedies for shingles under breast or fungal infection under breast. However if there is no relief and the signs of discomfort persist, you need to consult your health care provider. The 10 simple home remedies for rash under breast are:
Cold or ice compress:
Wrap an ice cube in a clean cloth and rub is on the itchy part of the skin with rash. Time needed for this activity is ten to fifteen minutes. You can also add water in spray bottle and spray it at the itchy or rash containing part for immediate relief. Cold water bath is also an ideal therapy for the treatment of shingles under breast.
Cotton and loose fitting clothes:
You can put organic cotton under the bra so that excessive moisture is absorbed well. Also you need to wear loose fitting clothes as they facilitate free air flow minimizing the risk of rashes. For fungal infection under breast this is also an ideal treatment.
White vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar:
Sometimes the detergents which are left in the clothes especially bras can result in rashes. For this purpose you need to soak your undergarments in a solution of water and white vinegar. Another important remedy is the application of apple cider vinegar on the affected part of the skin. As apple cider vinegar is anti-inflammatory it can help in clearing up rash under breasts.
Another simple and amazingly effective home remedy for rash under breast is cornstarch, wash your affected part well with soap and let it dry, now sprinkle some cornstarch over it. In case of fungal infection, you can also use talcum powder as cornstarch can facilitate the fungal growth.
Coconut oil or any essential oil can be used to get rid of rash under breast. Oil also reduces friction in the skin folds which is a main cause of rash. Also the anti inflammatory properties of such oils make them ideal to be applied on the itchy and rash-full skin.
Calamine lotion can be applied on the rash under breast to get rid of redness and itch. The calamine lotion has soothing effect and it also speeds up the process of healing.
Tea tree oil:
This natural wonder has amazing properties; it is regarded as a great anti-inflammatory. When applied on the rash under breast it can produce some amazing results in short time. You can also mix tea tree oil in olive oil equally for better results. Shingles under breast are be treated significantly by the use of tea tree oil.
Aloe Vera gel:
Take a fresh gel of Aloe Vera by extracting it from a plant. Rub it on the part where rash is in abundance. Aloe Vera aids in healing and has a soothing effect as well. The burning sensation which is caused by rash under breast is also reduced significantly when Aloe Vera gel is applied.
Garlic is another ideal remedy for intertrigo under breast, soak it in an olive oil overnight and apply it on the affected part of the skin. Apply it three times a day for better results.
Vitamin C is present in lemon juice which is a skin friendly vitamin. It speeds up the process of healing. Mix lemon juice in water and apply it on the affected part of the skin. Repeat this process for few days until the rash under breast disappear.
Rash under breast or heat rash under breast are caused by several factors such as infections, allergies, autoimmune disorders and cancer. It is important to consult health care provider if the rash is accompanied by some other symptoms such as itching under breast and no rash etc. For simple heat rash under breasts which also result in some skin infections, you can use some easy home remedies like use of cold compress, organic cotton under garments, coconut or tea tree oil, Aloe Vera gel etc.
Read this Article :Home Remedies for Curing a Yeast Infection